[Pdmtl] "VIDIOCGMBUF: Invalid argument" from #camera

James Harkins jamshark70 at gmail.com
Sam 26 Mar 21:31:10 EDT 2011

At Sat, 26 Mar 2011 12:59:45 -0400 (EDT),
Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> > BisonCam,_NB_Pro
> > Pick a camera: 0
> > Driver API: ...v4l1 (I tried the other Linux drivers, no dice)
>
> You have to pick "Driver API" first, and then the camera number. "Driver
> API" should probably be set to libv4l1, and it ought to become the default
> on Linux.

Ah, OK. That indeed was the whole problem. It's working for me now -- and it revealed a CPU bottleneck in my gem --> gridflow patch, specifically moving the data from gem into gridflow! Switching to #camera cut CPU usage down to less than half.

Thanks for the help!
James

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world