[Pdmtl] Take part in a live concert experiment (get 10$ and a free concert)!!

Carolina Brum missperovaz at gmail.com
Jeu 4 Nov 22:09:17 EDT 2010

Dear Music Tech crowd,
we are still lacking about 20 participants for our live concert experiment
next week. I already posted the announcement on all possible websites/email
lists... But maybe you guys have time and would like to take part or your
friends, family, relatives, acquaintances, partners, spouses, children etc.!
Please forward this mail to them!

Thanks, Hauke

Here all details:

The Music Perception and Cognition Lab is still looking for participants in
a live concert experiment involving the CIRMMT Audience Response System.

Participants should be:
- between 18-60 years of age with no hearing problems and (for men)
clean-shaven cheeks,
- amateur musicians, university music students or professional musicians.

The concert will take place on Tuesday, November 9th 2010 in the Tanna
Schulich Hall, New Music Building, 527 Sherbrooke St. West, Montreal. You
need to be there to get set up for the experiment at 6 PM (filling out
questionnaires and getting hooked up), and the concert starts approximately
one hour later.

The experiment will take about 1.5 hours, and involves listening to several
pieces performed live, while rating their emotional effects on you as a
listener. Additionally, we will measure various psychophysiological
indicators of emotion using biosensors. The performer and audience will be
recorded with audio and video recording equipment.

You will be compensated $10 upon completion.  No risks are associated with
this research. Your confidentiality and anonymity for serving in this
experiment will be protected. This work has been reviewed by the McGill
Review Ethics Board and is supervised by Prof. Stephen McAdams of the
Schulich School of Music, McGill University.

If you are interested, please fill in the this online questionnaire (click
on the following link or copy to your browser) provide us some information
about you:
http://tinyurl.com/38avgu3

Dr. Hauke Egermann
Schulich School of Music
McGill University
555 Rue Sherbrooke Ouest
Montréal, QC H3A IE3
Canada
music.emotion.study at gmail.com

--
Carolina Brum Medeiros
PhD Candidate on Music Technology

Input Devices and Music Interaction Laboratory - IDMIL
Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Media Music and Technology - CIRMMT
Schulich School of Music - McGill University

555, Sherbrooke Street West
H3A 1E3 Montreal, Qc, Canada

Fax: +1 (514) 398-2962
Phone: +1 (514) 398-4535 ext. 094846
Email: carolina [dot] medeiros [at] mcgill [dot] ca
Web: http://www.idmil.org/people/carolina_brum_medeiros