[Pdmtl] ANN: Purity Mailing List

Oli44 olivier at heinry.fr
Tue Jan 26 06:11:14 EST 2010

Patrick Boivin wrote:
>> Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 23:36:33 -0500
>> From: Alexandre Quessy <alexandre at quessy.net>
>>
>> Right now, my main issue is about dealing with the Pure Data processes
>> on GNU/Linux. It seems like it is difficult to properly kill the pd
>> process, since it is actually composed of 3 process, the launcher, the
>> watchdog (?) and the GUI. Any help about how to cleanly kill the pd
>> processes would be much appreciated. I also need testers on other OS
>> than GNU/Linux.
>>

> Have you tried [; pd quit(  ?

Un petit script maison adapté d'un script de Gepeto d'Apo33

#! /bin/sh
# Script to start the right Pd instance
# and remove any screensaver instance

ps -e|grep pd 2>&1 > /dev/null
if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then
    echo "Let's kill Puredata!"
    echo
    killall -9 pd
fi

ps -e|grep gnome-screensaver 2>&1 > /dev/null
if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then
    echo "Let's kill Gnome screensaver!"
    echo
    killall -9 gnome-screensaver
fi

echo "Then we start the main interface..."
pd -nrt -noaudio -alsamidi -mididev 1 gui_w_python.pd
/usr/local/lib/pd-abstractions/pdmtl/1.browser.pd &