[Pdmtl] GridFlow pour Windows

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Feb 16 11:22:42 EST 2010

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, martin.peach at sympatico.ca wrote:

> After setting gridflow to load on startup Pd crashed twice, but the
> third time everything loaded OK. I tried a few gridflow examples,
> "pinwheel" and "game of life", which worked. then quit Pd and restarted
> it, then it crashes again on startup, several times. So I Waited a few
> minutes, tried again and then Pd started without crashing. Seems to
> crash 95% of the time on startup. I had it running three times, then
> nothing for ten minutes of trying, now it starts Ok so I can see that
> I'm running Pd 0.42.5-extended-20100119.

This is the kind of reason why made people try test02 when test03 was
ready and test03 when test04 was ready. But apparently that was not
gradual enough. Here is test05, which is actually in between test03 and
test04 in terms of features : I only reverted the enabling of the mmx
module. It's most likely the thing that goes wrong, but I wouldn't quite
know why it would be that way, especially if game_of_life.pd does still
work sometimes. In my logic, if the mmx module is borked, then
game_of_life.pd has to completely stop working...

But I still believe that it makes more sense to remove mmx support
at this point than ppm support and/or fft support.

   http://gridflow.ca/download/packages/gridflow-0.9.7-test05-win32-i386.zip

I need to know whether this release feels more like test03 or like test05
in terms of crashes. Then I could release a test06 accordingly. (well, at
this point, it looks more like next one will be a final release of 0.9.7,
because I need to do that this week for other reasons).