[Pdmtl] Analyse audio en C?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue May 19 15:19:18 EDT 2009

On Tue, 19 May 2009, Stephen Sinclair wrote:

>> What does that mean? I have no idea.
> Um... okay I was just wondering about his reasons, no reason to take offense.

In my case it's only after he wrote what he wrote, that I started
wondering about his reasons. I don't think that he's being very clear.

> I think wanting to make stand-alone software is a perfectly good reason,

My questioning was about what are the reasons for making stand-alone
software in the first place.

> I was just curious about the issue of slowness.

All sufficiently flexible interpreted languages use function pointer
tables to do nearly everything; in addition, Java/C# default to using
function pointers for method calls by default, whereas C++ uses function
pointers for method calls only if you tell it to do so.

> I'm beginning to remember why I stopped posting to the Pd lists...

I can't really stand pd-list more than a few months a year anymore, and
perhaps I wouldn't have bothered to reply to Alex's comments, if they
hadn't been written by Alex. It really surprised me to read something like
this from Alex.