[Pdmtl] gimp + pd

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Sun Jan 8 11:46:23 EST 2006

Hey Patrick,

I would think Gimp would render too slowly to be of any use in "real-time".

But you may be able to use pix_write (and/or PDP alternatives) to save a
frame, use script-fu to open it in gimp from a pyext external and
manipulate it to reload it into PD... but doing manually may not be much
slower...

you could always ask for some kind of brush feature, which I guess would
be based on controling the clearmode of the screen and moving around an
object with an alpha channel "brush" in gem.. maybe easier in PDP.

.b.