[Pdmtl] [DISFA] Edible User Interfaces (fwd)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Apr 21 15:48:14 EDT 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:48:54 +0100
From: Andrew Brouse <abrouse at gmail.com>
To: DISFA <disfa at encs.concordia.ca>
Subject: [DISFA] Edible User Interfaces

Dan Maynes-Aminzade proposes "Edible User Interfaces":

http://www.monzy.org/eui/

[ "
Work in Tangible User Interfaces (TUIs) has made great inroads in bridging the
gap between the physical and digital worlds we inhabit. The TUI offers many
advantages over the traditional Graphical User Interface (GUI), including
strong physical and cognitive affordances, support for two-handed interaction,
and ease of collocated collaboration. However, like other interaction models,
the TUI suffers the limitation that it is not nearly as mouth-wateringly
delicious as many of the objects that we interact with on a daily basis

At CHI 2005, I gave a talk in which I proposed the new paradigm of Edible User
Interfaces (EUI) to address this inadequacy. I introduced two EUI systems,
BeanCounter and TasteScreen, and described applications of each system.
" ]