[Pdmtl] pdmtl#7 le 19 dec

Martin Peach martinrp at vax2.concordia.ca
Fri Dec 10 12:37:54 EST 2004

Lavallée Marc wrote:

> This "midifilelib"?
> http://www.harmony-central.com/MIDI/midifilelib.tar.gz
> Does it compile on Gnu/Linux? This is quite old (1989).
> It would be great to have a SMF compatible sequencing external.

That was just one of several that seem to be available. I've also looked
at the source of pmidi

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/pmidi/pmidi-1.6.0.tar.gz?download

and it looks easily portable to being a PD extern, if I knew where to
send the output...it looks easier to make it a builtin object along the
lines of [midiin], because (sems to me) the pd MIDI interface is not
exposed except by going through virtual midi devices. Most open-source
command-line MIDI file parsers should compile on any system since they
don't make system-dependent calls until the MIDI-output part.

Martin