[Gridflow-dev] [PD] pd2png : screenshots of patchs

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue May 21 00:14:32 EDT 2013

Le 2013-05-20 à 17:49:00, s p a écrit :

> I think you didn't really understand what I meant. SVG is XML, and XML
> represents a datastructure. So in its very structure, it embeds the
> information that is contained in a patch.

Non, c'est toi qui as pas compris.

What's the use of embedding patch info inside of SVG ? Who will make use
of that info as embedded in SVG files ? Why ?

> but basically (to my knowledge), SVG is what programmers use to generate
> vector images. Never heard of a single project that would use another
> format, unless very special requirements.

I had to use KML, SHP and OSM formats last year. How special are they ?

SVG is all over the place, except in software that doesn't use it.

> I just tried with inkscape, opened a file and saved it again in
> inkscape's own SVG format, and that information is saved intact.

nice !

> But is there actually any case when you care about pixel-perfect
> reproduction?

Yes. It's called « making a screenshot ».