[Gridflow-dev] [PD] jMax Phoenix

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Sep 22 14:46:16 EDT 2010

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> --- On Wed, 9/22/10, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:
>> Btw I started coding [#expr] last week... but I think that
>> it will take a long time to finish coding it.
>
> Great!
> * [#expr 3 / 2] ?

At this point 1.5, and I think I will keep it that way, unless I require
everything to default to being a grid. I wondered whether I ought to split
between a float-centric version called [gf/expr] and a grid-centric
version called [#expr], or have everything together in the same version.
At this point, though, I only have plain floats.

GridFlow's grids default to int32 (This is because this is the int type in
jMax. It's also the int type in Max and others except Pd)

> * [#expr if $f1 < 3 then $f1 goes to the left outlet else $f1 goes to
> the right outlet] ?

I don't know how this would work. In [expr], the number of outlets depends
on the number of semicolon-separated expressions, and each triggering of
[expr] causes them to be evaluated right-to-left. There's no syntax for
not outputting on an outlet. What do you suggest ?

> * [#expr $0-array[$f1] ] ?

I suppose so, but we're far from that.

At this point, [#expr 1000-100-10-1] = 909, and I'm trying to make it so
that it's 889. It's because (1000-(100-(10-(1)))) = 909 and
((((1000)-100)-10)-1) = 889.

The only supported method is bang and even $f1 doesn't even exist yet.