[Gridflow-dev] rename [# atan] ?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Oct 2 14:20:52 EDT 2010

Is there anyone using [# atan], by opposition to [# atan2] ? That's
because I would like to change it, so that it becomes a normal atan
function.

That is, [# atan] could be renamed to [# atan2i], meaning that it's a
version of [# atan2] that is made to work in integer mode, whereas the new
[# atan] would work like [expr atan($f1)] and exist only for floats. I
don't want to reuse the same name for two different things even though one
is meant for int and the other only works for float.

Any ideas ?