[Gridflow-dev] GridFlow/GL !

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Mon Aug 9 03:10:33 EDT 2010

On 08/08/10 17:53, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> GridFlow 9.11 has [gf/gl], a new interface to OpenGL, which aims to be a
> replacement for that undocumented portion of GEM which contains
> [GEMglBegin], [GEMglEnd], [GEMglVertex3f], etc.

Great!

I haven't tried it (yet), but is there already or are there plans for
array support?  The begin/vertex/end-style usage has been deprecated /
disrecommended in OpenGL for quite a while as far as I know (though I
doubt the interface will be removed in the foreseeable future); the
newer interfaces are more like:

http://www.flashbang.se/archives/131
http://www.flashbang.se/archives/133
http://www.flashbang.se/archives/146
http://www.flashbang.se/archives/148

It would seem a natural fit if you could draw from grids in that way,
and it has much less overhead.  Unchanging geometry could be stored on
the GPU using buffer objects for another potential speed boost, too.

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org