[Gridflow-dev] the "range" problem

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Apr 26 16:52:06 EDT 2010

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010, rene beekman wrote:

> new to gridflow and this is driving me nuts; the helpfile for gridflow's
> range object says there "might" be a conflict with the flatspace range
> object that is distributed with pd-extended. what it fails to do is
> suggest a solution that will let me keep both objects...

This is because this is something that I only saw on one computer, this
february, and it disappeared when restarting Pd, and we were not able to
reproduce it, so I put it on the todo-list and left it there.

Starting with révision 5535 (right now), [range] is also aliased to
[gf/range]. this fixes your problem. This will be in 9.9.

Do you actually witness the [range] name conflict problem ?...

> i've tried moving the gridflow installation to c://program files/common
> files/pd (which imho anyway is a better place to install 3rd party stuff
> that is not part of standard distributions) and fiddling with pd's
> paths, but that does not solve anything.

I only learned the minimum amount of Windows programming to be able to
have GridFlow usable on Windows, so, any help is appreciated. If you think
that I should change something in the README then I could change it, if
you confirm that this is really where GridFlow should go.

Tell me if you find any other names that should be aliased.