[Gridflow-dev] [PD-dev] PureData/Gridflow/Windows

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Aug 3 12:52:05 EDT 2009

On Sun, 2 Aug 2009, sisil mehta wrote:

> Pure Data does work on windows. However will the gridflow libs work on
> windows as well?

it's several times harder than getting it to work on Macintosh, and it's
already somewhat harder on Macintosh than on Linux.

> what if i use cygwin.

GridFlow is more friends with Cygwin than with anything else on Windows,
but I don't know how much PureData is friends with Cygwin on Windows.

> Has anyone tried this before (i'm a newb...so any help is appreciated)

GridFlow on Windows is not for the faint of heart... until someone makes a
package, and/or sends me the appropriate fixes so that GridFlow becomes
easier to compile.