[Gridflow-dev] [PD-announce] GridFlow 0.9.1

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 00:13:02 EDT 2008

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Apr 2008, marius schebella wrote:
>
>> I gave it another try and added a flag -msse (although I am not really
>> sure what I was doing) and got rid of the error, but not of errors in
>> general,
>
> The important part is to get rid of errors that I don't know how to fix,
> because I fixed the rest. This is because GridFlow changes internally
> and so I have to change OSX-specific source code that I can't test and
> sometimes I make mistakes, for example. (It's not just that, though, but
> anyway, what I said I fixed, you don't need to take care of: just switch
> to a more recent GridFlow to get my new fixes)
>
>> are there sse instructions in the code and I have to explicitely pass
>> -msse??
>
> Not in GridFlow's code. There is a MMX1 (really!) module that is
> "compiled" separately and is only enabled if you have NASM. However, in
> OSX's headers, there might be SSE-specific declarations and I can't do
> anything about that.
>
>> Can you check my compile flags and see if they are correct? I wonder
>> if the -mtune=pentium and -march=pentium are correct at all? maybe
>> config discovered a wrong architecture? is intel chip pentium compatible?
>
> If I read correctly: all Intel Macs use processors that are direct
> descendents of "Pentium M" and "Pentium D" processors, and those
> descendents are also what gets sold as part of today's PC computers. All
> those CPUs are apparently fundamentally part of the same family as
> "Pentium Pro", which dates back to 1995 or so, but the
> backward-compatibility of executable files may go back as far as
> programs compiled in 1978 (if 16-bit mode is supported by the OS).
>
>> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/MachineExceptions.h:217:
>> error: ?__m128i? does not name a type
>> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/MachineExceptions.h:218:
>> error: ?__m128d? does not name a type
>
> I still don't know what those are. Look like they might be meaning
> "128-bit integer" and "128-bit float" respectively, but that's just a
> wild guess, and it doesn't give us any hint on how to fix it.

hi matju.
I found only one page on google that was showing the same error, and
according to it, I tried to change -mtune and -march to k8 (which again
is just a guess)
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4691
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/16196
I tried with revision 3678, but still get erros.
marius.

nyc-calling:trunk marius$ g++
-I/Users/marius/devel/pd-rsync/pd-extended/pd/src -I/sw/include
-I/usr/local/include -I/Users/marius/include -I. -xc++
-fno-operator-names -fno-omit-frame-pointer -I/usr/X11R6/include
-falign-functions=16 -mtune=k8 -march=k8 -DMACOSX -Wall -Wno-unused
-Wunused-variable -g -fPIC -I. -O2 -funroll-loops -xobjective-c++ -c
format/quartz.m.fcs -o format/quartz.o
format/quartz.m.fcs: In function ‘int -[GFView imageHeight](GFView*,
objc_selector*)’:
format/quartz.m.fcs:58: warning: conflicting types for ‘-(int)imageHeight’
format/quartz.m.fcs:48: warning: previous declaration of ‘-(id)imageHeight’
format/quartz.m.fcs: In function ‘int -[GFView imageWidth](GFView*,
objc_selector*)’:
format/quartz.m.fcs:59: warning: conflicting types for ‘-(int)imageWidth’
format/quartz.m.fcs:49: warning: previous declaration of ‘-(id)imageWidth’
format/quartz.m.fcs: In function ‘void GFView_display(GFView*)’:
format/quartz.m.fcs:111: error: cannot convert ‘objc_object*’ to
‘CGFloat’ in initialization
format/quartz.m.fcs:111: error: cannot convert ‘objc_object*’ to
‘CGFloat’ in initialization
format/quartz.m.fcs: In member function ‘void
FormatQuartz::constructor(t_symbol*, int, t_atom2*, t_symbol*)’:
format/quartz.m.fcs:135: error: ‘FormatQuartz_call’ was not declared in
this scope
format/quartz.m.fcs: In function ‘void FormatQuartz_startup(FClass*)’:
format/quartz.m.fcs:213: warning: unused variable ‘pool’