[Gridflow-dev] #line

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Oct 12 16:09:11 EDT 2007

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007, Patrice Colet wrote:

> It seems the file haven't attached, let me try one more time...
> The object works but is not totally finished, some comments are inside
> patches and subpatches.

My problem with that [#line] is that it doesn't work as close as possible
to [line] and [line~].

My policy is that if you have both [#something] and [something] in pd, the
"#" one should work in a guessable way, by analogy. I feel guilty of
naming [#for] like that, because it isn't an exact equivalent of
GridFlow's gridless [for].

Apart from that, you have four bugs in your timer, as it doesn't multiply
hours properly, and it is discontinuous around midnight, but also, it
doesn't follow logical-time, and it's not precise enough (because of the
float precision limit). You can fix all four together by switching to
using [metro] or [delay]. This probably means changing the majority of
your patch.

When it gets closer to working like [line], I will test it again and help
you with the rest.