[Gridflow-dev] [PD] Gridflow Installation Help

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Oct 26 16:06:24 EDT 2006

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Fanouris Moraitis wrote:

> I follow your advice and I did "make" again in order to get the whole
> compiler command which is something like

GridFlow 0.8.5 (CVS only) has better support for OSX, but I can't test it
now. I made it so that it does -bundle -undefined suppress -flat_namespace
and removes -shared -rdynamic (the latter two are Linux-only).

> /usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lcrypt
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

GridFlow 0.8.5 is supposed to remove -lcrypt automatically, because it
uses the list of libraries that rbconfig recommends, instead of a
hardcoded list. -lcrypt is Linux-only in the sense that in OSX -lcrypt is
instead a part of -lc.