[Gridflow-dev] osx loading prob

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Sun Mar 26 23:12:06 EST 2006

On Mar 26, 2006, at 5:41 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, james tittle wrote:
>
>> ...I just had the idea to use "install_name_tool" to change the
>> gridflow.* linked library names to the 1.9 version, and get the
>> following output in pd's console:
>
> Wo, what's "install_name_tool"? How does it work?

...well, "man install_name_tool" will tell ya lots on osx, but
barring that, it allows you to change the dylibs that a binary is
linked to, without re-linking...typical usage here is something like
this:

install_name_tool -change /sw/lib/libruby.1.8.dylib /Users/tigital/
puredataDev/gridflow/lib/libruby.1.9.0.dylib gridflow.pd_darwin

...very useful when working with things like fink and still trying to
make transportable applications...

jamie