[Gridflow-dev] probs compiling...x11 not found

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Jan 15 01:13:58 EST 2006

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006, Alexandre Castonguay wrote:

> I'm getting an unusual error when compiling gridflow.  I am running SuSE
> 10.0 on an AMD64 machine running gcc version 4.0.2.
> when doing ./configure :
> [x11] X11 Display Protocol: missing (gcc compilation error)
> xorg and xorg-devel packages are installed.  Please see the attached
> config.log.

Hmmm, I don't have a 64-bit distro yet so I can't even begin to test that.
I have no clue what the error message means.

Which distro should I install? (it's still SuSE 9.2 on the K8 I have)
Ideally anything with good dual 32&64-bit support. Could be SuSE or Debian
or Ubuntu. However, SuSE might be a big-ass download unless someone mails
me the CD's (or DVD's).