[Gridflow-dev] executables

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 22 11:18:54 EST 2005

Ok, GridFlow is in REALLY bad need of executable packages for each
platform. I've promised that for two years or so, and we constantly we
lose valuable time hunting for dependencies and such on every install
(including on every workshop!). We need:

(note: deps = packages that are DEPended upon)

 * Linux (ELF format .so files)
   * Packagings:
     RPM's with external deps
     DEB's with external deps
     TAR.GZ, external deps
     TAR.GZ, included deps, extractable in extra/

 * MacOSX (MACH-O format, .so and/or .dylib and/or .bundle, whatever)
   * NOTE: Major outstanding bugs:
     * Several slower than expected
     * When it takes 100% CPU it freezes everything else
       (same problem as PDP/OSX afaik)
   * Packagings:
     TAR.GZ, external deps
     TAR.GZ, included deps, extractable in extra/
     and...?

 * Windows NT/XP/2003 (MZ-NE WIN32 format, .DLL depending on MINGW)
   * NOTE: Major outstanding bugs:
     * ./configure fails to autodetect anything (use --force-blah)
     * ???
   * Packagings:
     ZIP, external deps
     ZIP, included deps, extractable in extra/