[Gridflow-dev] modifying pd_help patches

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 8 07:22:54 EST 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Stéphanie Brodeur wrote:

> I've been having trouble updating the pd_help patches but here is my
> first attempt with #contrast-help.pd and #dim-help.pd I have committed
> my patches and am now at step 6...

Sorry for the delay in replying to you. Have you made some progress on the
rest?

Here are my findings about those patches:

1. in #contrast, there is copy-pasting of explanations. This is usually a
bad thing; instead it should be reworded so that one explanation covers
both cases.

2. Also make sure all punctuation is there (it's not).

3. wiring error: two patchcords coming out of one outlet are not
guaranteed to have any priorities (whereas in MAX, it's right-to-left).
This means that Pd/GF may try to read the picture before opening it, which
is what happens to me. This is fixed by using either [fork] or [t], the
former being the easiest to use (no gotchas).

Btw, if you see any text that sucks and/or is outdated, either in help
patches or in the manual itself, feel free to change it. If you are not
sure (or not bold enough), you can instead add proposal
paragraphs/subpatches/etc and mark them as being from you, and I'll make a
decision, and get back to you with an explanation.

>  --- Mathieu Bouchard <matju at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> > 6. Ask me to verify.
> Let me know if they are ready for screenshots and if
> not, let me know how I can improve them.

They are ready if the above points get fixed.