[Gridflow-dev] test suite (fwd)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Dec 29 14:20:33 EST 2005

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, Alexandre Castonguay wrote:
> Le Samedi 12 Novembre 2005 01:54, Mathieu Bouchard a écrit :
> > GridFlow could afford a better test suite. base/test.rb should be replaced
> > by something more appropriate i'm thinking something that would look like:
> > [#expect, send 1 2 3, get 4 5 6] X [# + 3]
> I agree with automating the tests, what do ou have in mind for the GUI
> tests?

I didn't reply because I don't have anything in mind for the GUI tests.

However, what other people do for the GUI tests, is MV or MVC, so that all
the non-GUI things can be tested automatically, without going through a
GUI.

Automated tests through a GUI are feasible but difficult and too much
work.

BTW I'm looking at this a bit (as posted yesterday on pd-dev):

  http://www.xprogramming.com/testfram.htm
  http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?UnitTest
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_test